Thursday, March 21, 2013

Busy busy!

You guessed it I've been busy so my apologies for not posting anything in the last four weeks. I'm pleased to say that the 7 month course 'Leaders in Action' finished last week YIPPEE!!! I developed some good friendships and strengthened the ones I already had with my fellow PCC's in the End of Life programme, we completed our project, which had to be cost neutral...of course! we chose to promote the use of 811, BCHealthlink.ca which is a site for patients and families who require information and advice relating to different health related matters, including advice from a nurse, dietitian and pharmacist, our group developed screen savers, telephone messages for when your on hold at the pharmacy or doctors office, we also made a promotional video for showing in GP surgeries and ER Dept's. All 41 of us on the course had our managers attend the graduation day/presentations. We also invited key stakeholders who are willing to work with us to take our ideas forward to get the information out there.

Now that the course has finished I have half my life back, the other half is concentrating on revising for the specialist palliative certification exam in four weeks time, its so hard to stay focused when I'm brain dead when i get home, i don't have time at work because i'm working and its to busy. So we will see how that goes.

In between all of that I went back to the gym last Saturday, up to the time of posting this Ive missed one day at the gym...yeah me :) that was Monday because its insane at work, my hubby things I'm insane for driving to work at the weekend and being in the gym before 8am to work out and twice during this week before my shifts start, I'm following the programme my trainer gave me a year ago, yes i know its a year ago and I've still not got my act together but i have a new incentive to get in shape and that's knowing our family is emigrating in a matter of weeks and my nieces are hyperactive.

I'm going to take before and after pictures of my shape, may or may not share them on here we'll see but after cardio and weights for 5 sessions I've burnt over 2000calories and already lost 4lbs in weight, have a little more energy and feel good, I've not adjusted my diet too much other than not eating after 7pm and no 'naughties' as i refer to them. In a moment of insanity, i got the insanity workout DVD's which is a 60day programme, I've shown them to the hubby and he's set up a workout place downstairs for me to start that next weekend when i have 4 wonderful days off, I'm hoping he might even join in!

So that's a quick update for now, I've not done any further renovations life's been a bit crazy and I've not baked any cookies for obvious reasons, so I will be back with a further update soon.

Take care...Kae

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for an update! Congrats on your project! HUGS, RK

    ReplyDelete