Sunday, April 28, 2013

Reno's & Weeding

Hi there Bloggers!

I thought I would share a few of mine and the hubby's achievements from this weekend they all relate to renovations or gardening.

Firstly I spent three hours filling nail holes in our base boards or crown molding that we installed in the suite, hubby followed my lead and caulked the en suite master bedroom and bathroom, painted all the woodwork for the final time and then cut in with the paint on the walls. I just have to clean the bathroom, buy a window blind and install the closet shelving and those two rooms are ready to move into.

I completed the headboard today and I'm really pleased with the outcome, what do you think?


BEFORE

 
AFTER


It took three spray coats of metallic purple and two coats of clear, my first attempt at spray painting and its not bad!

Whilst the final coat was drying on the headboard, I planted up the flower boxes with red geraniums for the front porch, then before I knew it I was focusing on the weeds. This is my latest gardening gadget that hubby bought me yesterday, I've named it the Weed Whacker!






Its perfect for getting the dandelions out of the lawn, you simply put it over the weed, press down hard on the side step and it grabs it, twist and yank it up and it pulls the weed and root right outta the garden, I LOVE IT! What a thought full hubby I have :)



4 comments: