Friday, September 6, 2013

Family Trip to Seattle and then Whale Watching from Bellingham


Most of my posts lately are retrospective, we have been so busy travelling around and showing my step-son and his girlfriend some of the sights during there month long trip, I'm trying to catch up on my blog.

We started this trip in Seattle as you can see above the hubby is by the space needle and I was lay on the wet floor taking this shot, not bad eh?




I took a few shots of the hubby but chose to post this particular one below due to the subject matter in the back ground, well I suppose you need to keep your clothes clean somehow!


I love the curiosity shop...so much to see in there



My step-son asked me to take a picture of this guy, he likes the look of interesting people and he loved his 'goatee' beard

 

 
 Charis thinks the dollar is cute!
 
 
The day after we all went on the surprise whale watching trip, the waters were so calm, I was thankful for that, we left from Bellingham around 9.30 am it was quite cloudy and humid and they were right make sure you dress for all weathers...only I went with flip-flops on and my feet was really cold, you could tell we looked like tourists, all of us had our new hoodies on and new cameras well except me.....
 
 
 
 


This picture shows where they filmed Free Willey.....we didn't see any whales up close though did see one as it came up from catching krill, unfortunately it didn't surface long enough to get a picture


There were lots of Guillemots....



Mother and baby seals......
 


and much bigger lazy ones.....

 
 
I found these trees fascinating....I don't know what they are called but they don't shed there leaves they shed there bark....
 


So many bald eagles all along the tour....



Here's Mr & Mrs again...


We also saw lots of dolphins, they would come alongside the boat....





We got back into Belling at 4pm the trip was great, I would recommend going if you haven't done so already, the tour guide was very knowledgeable and I think the surprise was a good one!

2 comments:

  1. Pretty sure they are Arbutus trees...my fave too!! They are in Sechelt where we go :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Becky,
    Thanks for dropping by and yes!!!! that is the name of them, I couldn't remember what the tour guide had called them, aren't they amazing?

    I see an update is required *wink*

    ReplyDelete