For quite some time I've been following a particular blog that belong to a wonderful young lady who had been diagnosed with cancer. It wasn't through morbidity or some weird fascination that i did this but through 'learning' and listening to you throughout that journey and how that experience allowed you to achieve what you did. Working in the same field for many years Ive been blessed to share such private and special moments with patients and families during very difficult times.
This young lady lost her fight a few weeks ago and I cant imagine how that must be for her family and friends as she was only 17. I didn't know her personally only through blog 'land' but I felt like I 'knew' her because of how open and honest she was from diagnosis and through sharing her journey.
*A* was able to change so many things in relation to being bone marrow donors, the age from which you can sign up and leaves behind such a wonderful legacy. I just wanted to say thank-you for being who you was, for what you achieved and for all of us around the world that you touched so much. RIP *A*.
No comments:
Post a Comment