We finally had a sunny day today!
One of my to do jobs was to wash my area rug, its a bluesy grey color and I love it. I rolled it up after vacuuming it and threw it over the upstairs deck onto the garden below where I had spread out some plastic sheeting......
I set too wetting it with the hose pipe, washed and scrubbed it by hand with sensitive clothes cleaner, after 30 minutes of scrubbing I got hubby to help relocate the rug and sheeting to another area of the garden so it was on an angle and the water would drain. After spending about 15 minutes rinsing off the suds....because clearly I'd overdone it with the cleaning liquid, I was left with a huge pool of dirty water that half the rug was sat in.
Not to be out done by the situation, I thought it would be a good idea to carry the heavy rug up the deck stairs to hang it over the railings!!!!! not such a great idea, the rug was so heavy, we could hardly lift it, I had jelly arms and started laughing. The result is a cleaner, better smelling rug but a very sore back :(
Note to self.....wash the rug from the upstairs deck next time!

Rug Doctor.com
ReplyDeleteRUG DOCTOR!
ReplyDeleteThanks Ladies for your comments but Mr Rug Dr wont clean the pile on the rug its too long! So hubby hung an extra washing line and power washed it!!! needless to say its still drying ;)
ReplyDelete