Sunday, August 25, 2013

'Mooching with mother'

Its just over 24 hours since my mum arrived, she slept really well and when faced with the question...'What do you want to do today? she was quick to answer...lets go 'mooching around the shops' to be honest I wasn't much in the mood but hubby was working for a few hours at a friends condo so off we went.

We arrived at her favorite place...Home sense to find it hadn't opened and so waited by the door as though there was a huge sale on or something and we had to be the first ones inside! I only wanted a rug (rubber bottomed) for the side of the bed then the dogs can get up n cuddle without nearly injuring themselves because of the wooden flooring.

Instead I purchased one rug, 1 egg poacher and a black chopping board. Mum got what she was asked to get for her sister which included a wok strainer for lifting out food but its metal looks like a mini sieve, she got new tea-towels and some DKNY towels for the bathroom at home. We headed across to Costco mum hadn't been there before but LOVED it!

She left the store with a box of mixed nuts, a huge bag of peanut M&M's whilst I surprised the hubby with a Galaxy Tablet with WIFI, Santa came early! I got the usual boring food. We finished our shopping trip at the Dollar tree for her word search books, we got home just after lunch and watched a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment