Today I went for my first run....well okay it was more of a jog but nevertheless I did it :)
I was determined to give it a try, I managed to go to the gym four times this week at work, each occasion doing 30-35 minutes on the elliptical, and as its a long weekend here in BC because of the new stat holiday-Family day, I didn't want to go three days without doing anything and I didn't really want to go to the gym at work on my days off.
I set off down the road, it was cold and damp this morning, with Beyonce singing in my ears it was nice to be out there, it didn't take long to reach the 'burn' breathing wise I know that's because of the outdoors, but I managed to carry on through it. I wasn't out there long, 15 minutes perhaps but I achieved my first outdoor jog in 9 years and I'm so proud of myself. Even my hubby was impressed.
Spent the rest of the morning doing the house chores, shopping and then went to see a friend to thank her for all her hard work lately (I've not blogged about that yet because I don't know where to start) and then I came home and relaxed skyping with family in the UK. A great day all round.
Hope my viewers have had a wonderful Saturday!
Wow sister, good job!
ReplyDeleteThanks *R* I will take all the positive I can get right now!
ReplyDelete